Monday, September 18, 2006

September - Birthday month

September is our biggest month for birthdays. It all starts on 2 September when our eldest twins - Ann & Vicki celebrate their birthdays. This is followed on 6 September with two grandchildren being recognised - Nigel and his cousin Thomas. Then on 11 September (a day that will always be remembered) it is grandson Michael's turn, followed the next day with granddaughter Gemma's. As I write this chapter in our lives, we have just celebrated Ellie's 3rd birthday and for the sake of ease, celebrated her brother Joe's first birthday, which actually falls on 23 September. And that is still not the end! This coming Saturday it will be the big 21st birthday celebration for granddaughter Karina Sally whose actual birthday is the 25th. Yep, that is a total nine!!! And we try to remember them all.

It is always a lot of fun joining in with the celebration of the grandchildren especially and this afternoon we shared the occasion with Ellie and Josiah. Some of these pics are really cute. So, here we go.

"Hi, I am Ellie and I am having my third birthday today!""And my dad and mum put this party together for me. Mummy's is studying the recipe and daddy is acting the goat.....""But, they are getting it together":"Grandma was also on hand and of course joined the party." "We're having fun and eating things we don't normally get. You can see my little brother Joe who is celebrating his first birthday. He can stand up now and will soon be chasing with me.""Hmmm. I wonder whether that is really good for me.""I'll give it a try, but as you can see, I'll try and be ladylike":
"Well, it does seem that mum approves, judging by the benevolent look on her face":"As you can see, my brother Luke is all spark. He loves parties":"As mentioned earlier, my brother Joe is celebrating his first birthday with me. Mum & Dad got a cake for him and looking at the next photo, it seems to me that dad would like to have it for himself. Perhaps, it is the train that he has his eye on.""Oh no you don't dad", says Joe, "That is mine. Mum, tell him that it's my train and my cake and my party!""Ah, now we are coming to the real thing. That is beginning to look like my birthday cake. But, what is that? A Barbie doll on an icecream cone? That is really cool. Not sure whether Barbie can cope with this for long"."I am still not sure about this combination. Will Barbie melt?""A closer inspection is definitely necessary........"Hah...I love it mum. This is just so cute ....and so cool!""But now time for the real action. Opening my presents. Yeh!!!!!" "Hey Grandma, I can do it myself""Wow, will you have a look at that. A Parasol just for me.""It sure is cute!"

"THANKS EVERYONE. IT'S BEEN A GREAT PARTY. AND SPECIAL THANKS TO MUM & DAD FOR LOVING ME HEAPS!"

1 comment:

auschick said...

Very cute photos :-). Looks like the birthday kids had a great time!