Friday, June 16, 2006

Jess in Tassie 2

I have just returned from a walk along Lauderdale & Roches Beach and thoroughly enjoyed the turbulent sea that crashed on our shores. The seas again cut into the dunes further eroding them. Where I normally access the beach I could see that the seas had got up well on to the dunes. The erosion is quite a concern.

Because of the high tides, there were not as many birds as normal. But I did come accross a bird that I had not encountered here before. Here it is:
When it flew off, I was quite surprised by the wing span:

Today's walk also reminded me that Jess & I had a marvellous walk along the beach during her time here. It was a sunny, but rather cool day and we thoroughly enjoyed the beauty that was all around us. So, to share the occasion with you, here are just a few pics:
There is one place on the point that is rather special for me. I call it my prayer rock and often have a talk to God up there, remembering the many blessings we receive - particularly our family. Well, again Jess shared this special little spot. A view down to the sea, one of Jess and another looking towards the airport will gives some idea that the seas were quite turbulent:


And finally, our gentle giant that fell years ago. It looked just very different that day and I am sure you will enjoy it:

On another day, there was time to visit the Tasmanian Museum & Art Gallery. Unbeknown to us, there were a couple of special exhibitions that were most enjoyable to look at, including one about Australian Heritage - absolutely fascinating. There were exhibits of many major Australian events including Ned Kelly!

The other was an exhibition by well known Tasmanian Artist - Max Angus, now 91 years old.
There was also an excellent exhibition about the Antarctic, and yes that is Jess in front of a Albatross:

There were other enjoyable activities, such as going out with Gemma, having a meal with three girl cousins and Grandma (and yes, I too was invited, though I wondered whether to put on a skirt). Plus, one must not forget that Jess checked out her young cousins at Tim & Jacquie's place.

Aren't we thoroughly blessed?!!

1 comment:

My name's Jess Petrusma! said...

Great story Grandpa, I really had a good time in Tassie :0)